Natural Supplements And Herbs For Improving Sexual Health And Erectile Dysfunction
Sexual health and erectile dysfunction are serious concerns for many men across the world. There are many erectile dysfunction treatments available to help alleviate the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, but some men prefer to pursue a more natural route either through lifestyle changes and/or natural supplements and herbs that can improve sexual health and erectile function.
Role of Lifestyle in Sexual Health
Lifestyle choices play a key role in sexual health for numerous reasons. Maintaining a healthy weight can be important in maintaining your sexual health and improving erectile function.
Being overweight is hard on the body and can affect blood flow, hormone levels, and overall cardiovascular health. Blood flow is crucial to achieving and maintaining an erection so being a healthy weight can help improve sexual health in this manner.
Exercise and Sexual Health
Regular exercise is also crucial to maintaining your sexual health. Regular exercise burns calories which can in turn help you maintain or even lose weight which reduces the risk of obesity-related issues that contribute to poor sexual health and erectile dysfunction.
Exercise also plays a significant role in cardiovascular health, promoting better blood circulation which can improve sexual function and increase blood flow to the penis allowing you to better achieve and maintain an erection. Exercise also plays a role in regulating hormones including testosterone. Balanced hormone levels can assist with, erectile function and improve your sex life.
Diet and Sexual Health
A balanced diet plays a significant role in sexual health. A healthy and balanced diet can be key to maintaining or losing weight and thus reducing the risk of obesity-related problems with sexual health and erectile dysfunction. Certain foods can improve sexual health such as leafy green vegetables such as spinach and kale as they are in nitrates which can help relax the blood vessels and improve blood flow and thus improve sexual health.
Additionally, fatty fish such as salmon or mackerel are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial to cardiovascular health and blood flow. Foods rich in antioxidants such as blueberries and strawberries can help protect blood vessels and promote cardiovascular circulation.
Lean proteins such as poultry, beans and lentils provide essential amino acids for hormone production including testosterone. Hydration is also important to sexual health as it supports overall bodily functions and can increase blood circulation and energy levels.
Substance Use and Sexual Health
Excessive Alcohol use and smoking can also be detrimental to sexual health. Heavy alcohol use can disrupt hormone production and testosterone levels leading to decreased sexual function and desire. It can also lead to long term blood vessel damage which can impair the ability to achieve and maintain an erection. Smoking can cause blood vessel damage and reduce the production of nitric oxide, both of which are key to healthy blood flow. Reducing alcohol consumption and cessation of smoking can increase blood flow and overall sexual health.
Natural Supplements For Improved Sexual Health
Certain natural supplements have been shown by studies to be beneficial for male sexual health and improving erectile functions. Some of the supplements include:
- Maca Root- Maca is a plant native to the Andes Mountains in South America and has been used in traditional medicine as an aphrodisiac. Some studies have shown that maca root may help with low sex drive in men and potentially increase erectile function but overall, the studies have been inconclusive.
- Ginseng – Ginseng is an herbal root that has been used in traditional medicine for centuries. It is believed that it may increase energy levels and overall sexual function. Some studies have also suggested that ginseng may improve erectile function, but these studies have not been conclusive.
- L-Arginine – L-Arginine is an amino acid found in red meats, poultry, fish, and dairy and can also be taken in supplemental form such as pills. L-Arginine is necessary for making proteins and is commonly used to increase blood circulation. This may help improve sexual function and improve blood flow to the penis.
- Tribulus Terrestris – Tribulus Terrestris is a plant and has been used in traditional medicine as an aphrodisiac. It may increase hormone levels and improve libido. It may also work as a sexual anxiety treatment. Studies have been mixed on its effectiveness.
As with all supplements, effectiveness can vary from person to person, and you should always consult with your doctor or a healthcare professional before beginning a supplements routine especially if you have any underlying health problems or concerns.
Herbs for Enhancing Sexual Vitality
Certain herbs are also believed to be useful in enhancing sexual vitality. Some of the herbs include:
- Horny Goat Weed – Horny goat weed is an herb that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to improve sexual health. It is claimed to help increase libido and treat erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow, however, it has limited evidence of health benefits based on clinical studies.
- Yohimbe – Yohimbe is a naturally occurring alkaloid found in certain trees and plants and is used to improve the symptoms of erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow and nerve impulses to the penis. However, the studies are inconclusive as to the effectiveness of yohimbe.
- Saw Palmetto – Saw Palmetto is made from the fruit of the saw palmetto tree and has been traditionally used to improve prostate health. There are some suggestions that it may also be useful in helping treat sexual dysfunction, however, there is limited evidence as to this benefit.
Effectiveness can vary from person to person, and you should always consult with your doctor or a healthcare professional before beginning an herbal routine especially if you have any underlying health problems or concerns
What Are The Recommended Treatment Options?
If you are suffering from poor sexual health or erectile dysfunction, it is best to consult with your doctor for erectile dysfunction treatment in New Jersey.These healthcare professionals can help diagnose the root cause of your sexual health problems, discuss lifestyle changes and natural remedies that may help, and medical treatments such as Testosterone Replacement Therapy.
The team at Alpha Men’s Clinic are at the forefront with the latest treatment for erectile dysfunction and are there to help you with your sexual health questions and concerns. If you are suffering from poor sexual health or erectile dysfunction, reach out to the team at Alpha Men’s Clinic by visiting their website or calling 484-685-1301.