Erectile dysfunction is a condition in which males are unable to achieve a lasting erection during sexual intercourse. ED is most commonly found in males over 40 but may also occur before 40. It entirely depends on the individual.
Erectile dysfunction treatment in Pittsburgh is an ideal option for men who are suffering from such problems. ED specialists at Alpha Men’s Center address the primary issues causing ED, such as decreased blood flow or atherosclerosis, which is the hardening of the arteries. They provide effective treatment options that will accommodate patients of all lifestyles.
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction
The symptoms of erectile dysfunction may vary from person to person, but some common signs may include:
- Reduced libido: Another symptom of erectile dysfunction can be a decrease in sexual desire or libido. Men with ED may have a decreased interest in sexual activity or may find it challenging to initiate or sustain sexual thoughts or fantasies.
- Trouble achieving an erection during specific situations: Some men with erectile dysfunction may experience difficulty achieving an erection in specific situations, such as with a new partner, during times of stress or anxiety, or after a traumatic experience.
- Emotional distress: Erectile dysfunction can cause emotional distress and relationship issues. It is because it can impact a man’s self-esteem, confidence, and overall well-being.
In some cases, erectile dysfunction may be accompanied by other physical symptoms, such as reduced penile sensation, decreased rigidity of the erection, or curvature of the penis (Peyronie’s disease).
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Options in Pittsburgh, PA
There are several ED treatment options depending on the underlying cause, severity of the condition, and overall health of the individual. Some may include:
- Oral medications: Medications such as sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), vardenafil (Levitra), and avanafil (Stendra) are commonly prescribed oral medications for the treatment of ED. These medications work by increasing blood flow to the penis, facilitating the ability to achieve and maintain an erection. They are typically taken before sexual activity and require sexual stimulation for them to be effective.
- Lifestyle changes: Lifestyle changes can be effective in managing ED, especially if it is caused by factors such as obesity, poor diet, lack of exercise, or excessive alcohol or tobacco use.
- Vacuum erection devices: Vacuum erection devices (VEDs) are non-invasive devices that use a pump to create a vacuum around the penis, drawing blood into the organ and causing an erection. A constriction band is then placed at the base of the penis to maintain the erection. VEDs can be an effective treatment option for ED, particularly in men who cannot or do not wish to use oral medications.
- Penile injections: Medications such as alprostadil can be injected directly into the penis or the urethra (the tube through which urine passes) to improve blood flow and induce an erection. This method is generally used when oral medications are ineffective or unsuitable for a particular individual.
- Penile implants: Penile implants are devices that are surgically implanted into the penis to provide a rigid erection when desired. There are different types of penile implants available, including inflatable and malleable implants, and they are typically reserved for cases where other treatment options have not been successful.
Searching for an ED doctor in Pittsburgh? Contact Alpha Men’s Center
If you are wondering where to find an ED treatment clinic in Pittsburgh, PA, you have come to the right place. Our specialists are experienced in sexual wellness. Book a free consultation today by calling us at 484-685-1301.